INVEST IN THE BEST
Stocking One Design Covers Since 1972!
Have a club webite? Become and affiliate of The Sailors' Tailor and make some extra money. Here's how.
Our customers have referred to our boat covers with words such as “legendary quality”, “revolutionary designs”, and "unparalleled workmanship". Thousands of Sailors’ Tailor covers are sold nationally each year and that has gained us nationwide recognition for high quality, good value, and unmatched workmanship. We definitely are the trendsetters...cover makers across the country as well as locally have imitated our designs, but have not been able to equal them. Since 14-17 hours of sewing time are needed to produce a Sailors’ Tailor powerboat cover, we question whether anyone else can give you equally detailed workmanship in 1 day. Our prices are competitive, and they reflect our 2+ days of sewing and fitting. We are giving you 17 hours worth of sewing and fitting to produce a cover that will last and last. If you are paying a similar amount, but only are getting 7 hours worth of sewing, can you possibly be getting as much cover for your money elsewhere? Please come in and let us show you exactly what we put into a cover that you cannot get anywhere else.
Not Buy ANY Motorboat Cover
|Poles with rubber crutch tips that peak cover perfectly.||Bows that eventually invert, inviting water and accelerating fabric deterioration.|
|3/16” solid braided nylon draw cord in hem for snug custom fit and easy trailing.||Tie downs or cotton draw cord allowing cover to flap and tear.|
|Double-folded hems stitched through 3 layers.||Turned-up hems stitched through 2 layers.|
|Unique Vinylike double-coated Poly Army Duck||Uncoated, or laminated fabric that delaminates.|
|Concealed adjustable snaps so cover will always fit.||Unsightly crooked snap rows that smash easily, and will not stay snapped if cover shrinks.|
|PTFE Teflon® Thread holds up against UV damage and acid rain.||Chemically stripped UVR polyester thread that lasts 2 years.|
|Flat-Felled seams double stitched through 4 layers.||Single or chain stitched through 2 layers.|
|Screened Ultra Vents||Unscreened vents perfect for wasps and other insects to enter under your cover.|
|Nylon zippers don’t scratch the boat.||Metal zippers that corrode.|
A Cover That Fits And That Doesn’t Require All Those
Ugly Crooked Rows Of Snaps
WHY BUY FROM “THE SAILORS’ TAILOR”?
1. Custom-fit and DESIGNED FOR TRAILERING means it can be towed 1000’s of miles without self-destructing.
2. TEFLON THREAD -
LONGEST LASTING against sun UV and acid rain. Eleven years
ago we changed to PTFE Teflon thread even though it
costs 9 times more than UVR polyester thread. Customers
who leave boats out year around complain that UVR polyester
thread lets go in just 2 years. Due to our commitment
to the highest quality possible, we use Teflon thread
for all new covers and all repairs at NO UPCHARGE.
4. 3 LAYERS of cover material plus CLOSED CELL FOAM across entire top of windshield. Additional layer of truck tarp vinyl at corners to prevent poke through.
5. Truck tarp VINYL REINFORCEMENT at all sharp wear points.
6. Heavy duty ADJUSTABLE SNAPS installed onto cover and boat to compensate for shrinkage so cover will always fit.
7. 3/16” SOLID BRAIDED NYLON DRAWCORD in hem of cover attaches to mooring eyes at stern & bow.
8. Tie down WEBBING LOOPS along sides for extra safety.
9. Doubly sewn with lockstitch FLAT FELLED SEAMS (Levi seam), absolutely the strongest seam known as it leaves no exposed edges to fray.
10. Self-standing POLES for positive cover support that cannot cave in.
11. 3 vents included to facilitate air exchange and dry-out.